I haven't done a lot of 2D recently and I decided to paint Lana Del Rey. I'm a bit rusty... who am I kidding, I've always been sucky XD. I don't think she looks too bad. It was too hard not to just colour pick and paint straight on the canvas. Had to study colours and stuff. I don't think I failed too miserably. I didn't have the patience to do the flowers on her head though.
I did this female sculpt cos I was procrastinating! Was supposed to finish my essay but I decided to chill instead XD. I guess she looks more female than my previous sculpts. Well, I still got lots to learn! Females are so damn hard. The bottom pic was just for fun.
For my project we had a limit of six 1k textures only. We can break them down to smaller textures etc. I had a total of five 1k textures and four 512 textures. I made most of them using photoshop. I also had a go at dDo for the first time. It was quite nice. I made my basics there and carried on with the rest in photoshop. My tileables I made in zBrush except for the roof tileable. I used a stock texture from CGTextures. I just tweaked it slightly in photoshop. I've wasted a bit of texture space in the last UV texture.
Here are some more full HD shots of my Fable fan art house. There's a lot of mistakes here and some that I've just noticed now! >_< The rope isn't supposed to be that high poly. Stress just made me forget to fix it up! Roof is a bit dodgy in some places. As for the balcony planks, I wasn't really thinking optimized there. I was told by someone to have it all as a one big cube and bake normal maps. At the time for submission, I couldn't really do that because I had a texture limit and I happened to have run out of space. Therefore, I couldn't bake a normap map for it ;/ but since I'm gonna touch it up for a portfolio piece, I'll let loose a little. Or just think of a more optimized solution.
So I've finally finished it! Spent all day today and yesterday rendering and edtiting and it's finally done! It's not perfect, of course. So much stuff to tweak. My deadline is tomorrow and perhaps I could play with this over the summer. Really happy how it turned out though. I thought I wasn't gonna get anything decent after the Game of Thrones scene but it turned out better than I expected. I actually hated my Game of Thrones scene and this one made me a little happy. ((:
The concept is from Leading Light. They did this concept for Lionhead Studios for the game Fable II. I hope I did their concept justice.
I made a night scene because I think it looks so nice at night with the lanterns lit and the windows orange with the fireplace light or some sort of a fire light source. I added some fireflies (UDK stock) but you can hardly see it because of the night stars.
The grass and the stones are UDK stock. Also the fireflies as mentioned above. I think it just helps sell the house. Also, the sky and the moon is from the UDK night scene. What is nigh time without the bright moon? (:
I pretty much made all the textures from various methods EXCEPT the ground and the roof. They are photo sourced and were tweaked a little bit. For the ground I used vertex painting. I mainly got my textures from CGtextures. As for the rest, they are done in photoshop. The other tileables, I made in zBrush. I sculpted almost everything in my scene.
Lastly, I would like to say a big special thank you to Victor Gaza for all the crits and advice he has given me. Also for the video and how I should go about doing the cinematic and what transitions to put because apparently, I'm hopeless when it comes to it.
Moved on to lighting and it's going okay so far. Taking a break to fix those straight edge walls and will add some bricks sticking out. The grass and rock is a UDK stock since the brief only requires the house. The floor is just to help sell it a little bit. I will also do a morning lighting so textures can be presented better. I just thought night lighting would give a more sweet effect to it.