Online Portfolio

Sunday, 24 April 2016

Lucy is Back!

Wow. Exactly one year and two months since I posted! ;O

So basically I graduated and started working at CA as an intern. I also picked up max. I was working two other projects other than Lucy. One was a vintage suitcase that I finished way way back and the other one was a python revolver. I sorta left the python for later and decided to keep working on Lucy. I've been changing my mind about her clothes and pose a lot. But I think she's a lot better than before.

I decided to sculpt her posed cos it just seems more fun and also good practise for learning the muscles - how they look when a person flex/poses/etc.

At the moment, she looks utter shit since I kinda basically started again (design wise). Not that I am concepting her outfit, I've just sort of found cooler outfits for her. But I approve where she is going at the moment. Still lots to do though.


Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Hero Progress

Some slow progress on the hero. I have completed the high poly and have also completed the low poly! yay! Now, just arranging the UV layouts. :3 She is currently sitting at 33k. After this, I will bake and give it to the rigger and move on to the third character. I will be using Marvellous Designer for it, for practice and speed purposes!

I can't wait to texture them!




Thursday, 5 February 2015

I Need A Hero

So... worked on my protagonist. Finally. She has been neglected for so long. I had to do a a lot of RnD for the things I wanted to do to make her look good! I say she's decent. But there's always room for improvement, of course. Anyhow, I did her hair and hat. Did the stiches. Added a bit more folds detail on her dungaree. But boy oh boy, still got tons to do! So behind! >__< Her hat was a massive pain. I had to do her hair in alpha planes already so I know how big to make the hat. Hope everything is good >__<


Sunday, 1 February 2015

Antagonist Topology

It’s been such a long time since the last update. Deadlines and broken computer happened. So I spent a month trying to catch up. Still a bit behind but hopefully getting there.

Anyway, here is another WIP of my antagonist. He is pretty much done in terms of topology (time is ticking DX). But I would still appreciate feedback! I still have two more characters to go after all. So it would be great to know what I can improve on for the next one!

He has basic skin texture atm and his clothes are basic solid colours. Will texture him at a later date.

I also tried to light him nicely on marmoset. I don't think I failed too miserably XD but hopefully I'll get better at it as my lighting skill is atrocious >__<



Feel free to drop by and give me feedback on my thread ^__^:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2239969#post2239969









Thursday, 4 December 2014

Another Girl

Haven't blogged in a while.

I've been sculpting another character and she's the protagonist of a project I'm working on. Now, people will probably question why I'm only doing girls... well, girls are fun! XD but for this project I am making three characters, two of which are male. One is an older person that we labelled a psychotic ex-con and the other, a wounded side character whilst the protagonist try to defend them from the ex-con. FUN!

Anyway, I will post about the psycho later. For now, here's another female! Cos everyone loves them! Haha!

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

More Little Red Riding Hood

The wolf knows not to mess with her anymore. lol.

Anyway, I was suggested to try a different matcap. It's one by zbro. After polypainting her (properly this time), I realised I liked her pale skin more. I worked on two different PCs. One time at mine and one time at school. At school her skin seemed pale enough, but on my screen more orange. Who knows, maybe in others she's pink >__<

Anyway, gonna have to move on. Making a male this time. But it will be for my upcoming project.



Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Little Red Riding Hood

So, last time I posted I was working on Lucy Heartfilia. Sadly, she's been put on hold. The one I am posting now was supposed to be a portrait study, but I decided to add half a body on her. School started and all, and for my upcoming projects, I am working on characters! Yay! So I had to some portrait practice. Reason for that is, after Lucy, I had to work on an environment. I will soon update on that when I get a chance ;/

The cloak is made in Marvelous Designer. It's my first time using the program so I wanted to make something simple for now. I will make my own cloth studies and make folds myself, I just wanted to test it out and see how it is. They are all in zBrush, sculp + Polypaint. Here's a bad girl version of Little Red Riding Hood.