Online Portfolio

Monday 18 November 2013

Another Ugly Female?

Uuu wee! I spent two hours on speed sculpt today. Mainly because I did a female, again. Last time I've received some feedback that she looks like a "man" or an "ugly female". XD I guess men are easier to sculpt but more difficult to draw. For me, anyway. So I spent about 45/50 minutes getting the basics down. Then I was saddened as I had 10 minutes! But I thought I'd spend another hour speculating the female face some more. And it helped a lot. I've made some progress but not too much. I've learned quite a bit.

The ear, god knows what happened to it. It somehow stuck itself flat to the head. Maybe it got a wee bit upset I didn't pay attention to it. It just destroys the whole head ;/ Anyway, I scrutinized the nose first then went on to the eyes. I've pinched the outer corner of the eye lid too much and I have no idea how to fix it without destroying the whole eye. Plus, I've already spent about 2 hours and 10 minutes on the whole. I didn't want to spend any more as I was frustrated enough and I have school work waiting. Then I did the lips and the rest of the head.

For some reason I always spot the errors when I do a zBrush render. So annoying. I've moved the ear closer towards the face a million times but as soon as I start comping it, it looks a billion miles away, making the head look so wide from side view. ): And her neck looks so thin. It's as if she can't carry her head and will snap. *Sigh* Anyway, I'll be a bit more careful with my next sculpt.


No comments:

Post a Comment